A Kitchen & Bath Cabinetry Designer at Hamilton Building Supply / HBS Home is responsible for all aspects of cabinetry design within a client's project space. The position specifically requires:
- Provide prompt, knowledgeable, and courteous service to all clients.
- Work diligently and collaboratively with clients through all the highly detailed aspects of a well developed design
- Maintain accurate and detailed project/meeting notes and drawings.
- Produce layouts through applicable design software (2020, Chief Architect, etc.)
- Create comprehensive installation binders for each project
- Record all customer inquiries in company provided database
- Responsible for one's own order entries, contract agreements, delivery schedules, and follow-up.
- Maintain a shared folder of finished images and order information of every completed project.
- Provide Showroom floor coverage on assigned days
- Maintain the Cabinetry Showrooms to ensure that they are always presentable and stocked appropriately with product samples and literature.
- May produce design work for commercial or residential projects.
- Will be required to collaborate with Homeowners, Contractors, Builders, Architects, Carpenters, and Interior Designers.
- Participate in after hours or off-site sales meetings as needed.
- Offer ideas for planning and executing HBS Home client engagement events
- Offer promotional content (images and captions) for social media platforms.
- College degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of proven full-time design experience
- Strong creative abilities and presentation skills
- Ability to layout an executable design plan
- Solve problems, create solutions
- Well versed in cabinet nomenclature, materials, and production
- Proficient in 2020 design software and Microsoft Office suite
- Pleasant personality and engaging attitude
- Honesty, integrity, and strong desire to succeed
- Detailed, organized, and effective communicator
Window & Door Service Technician
Hamilton Building Supply is seeking a Window & Door Service Technician to handle all after-sales service of windows, doors and other millwork. General carpentry experience and familiarity installing windows, doors and other millwork is important. Pay is commensurate with carpentry skill level and knowledge of installation and service of window and door products.
Functions and Responsibilities:
- Able to assist and perform general window and door service
- Familiarity with Andersen, Marvin and/or Sierra Pacific windows
- Working with hand and power tools effectively
- Able to lift 50 to 100 pounds without assistance
- Willing to work outdoors in variable temperatures and weather conditions
- Attention to work detail and able to maintain organized work area
- Can work quickly and efficiently on given tasks
- Can work well with the lead carpenter / service technician
- Maintain own hand tools and work belt
- Performs other tasks and related duties
- Reliable with consistent work habits
- Able to communicate well with others
- Pleasant demeanor with customers and co-workers
- Experience with general carpentry skills and techniques
- Understanding of safety practices and procedures
- Knowledge of hand-held woodworking power tools preferred
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions
- May include the ability to perform basic math
- Requires the ability to exercise judgment and decisiveness
Door Shop Apprentice
The Door Shop Apprentice at Hamilton Building Supply is responsible for all aspects of building interior pre-hung doors in the company door shop. Some experience in carpentry and familiarity with woodworking tools and machinery is ideal for the right candidate.
The Door Shop Apprentice will work with other Door Shop associates to build door units in a production setting that is focused on delivering quality product.
The following tasks will be performed on occasion:
1) Pull inventory and prepare door components for production flows
2) Assist with running door slab preparation machine
3) Modify door components per work order requirements
4) Assist with organizing production schedule and meeting lead time requirements
5) Replenish inventory bins after receipt from vendor
6) Count inventory quantities on an as need basis
7) Clean shop on an as need basis
8) Assist with other warehouse needs to support the company overall
9) Be an actively contributing team member and assist and participate in a variety of other work activities wherever required
Skills and Competencies Required:
1) Ability to work in a safe manner
2) Ability to work quickly and accurately
3) Ability to use basic computer applications
4) Comfortable with using tape measure and working with numbers and fractions
5) Reliable and motivated with strong work ethic