A Kitchen & Bath Cabinetry Designer at Hamilton Building Supply / HBS Home is responsible for all aspects of cabinetry design within a client's project space. The position specifically requires:
- Provide prompt, knowledgeable, and courteous service to all clients.
- Work diligently and collaboratively with clients through all the highly detailed aspects of a well developed design
- Maintain accurate and detailed project/meeting notes and drawings.
- Produce layouts through applicable design software (2020, Chief Architect, etc.)
- Create comprehensive installation binders for each project
- Record all customer inquiries in company provided database
- Responsible for one's own order entries, contract agreements, delivery schedules, and follow-up.
- Maintain a shared folder of finished images and order information of every completed project.
- Provide Showroom floor coverage on assigned days
- Maintain the Cabinetry Showrooms to ensure that they are always presentable and stocked appropriately with product samples and literature.
- May produce design work for commercial or residential projects.
- Will be required to collaborate with Homeowners, Contractors, Builders, Architects, Carpenters, and Interior Designers.
- Participate in after hours or off-site sales meetings as needed.
- Offer ideas for planning and executing HBS Home client engagement events
- Offer promotional content (images and captions) for social media platforms.
- College degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of proven full-time design experience
- Strong creative abilities and presentation skills
- Ability to layout an executable design plan
- Solve problems, create solutions
- Well versed in cabinet nomenclature, materials, and production
- Proficient in 2020 design software and Microsoft Office suite
- Pleasant personality and engaging attitude
- Honesty, integrity, and strong desire to succeed
- Detailed, organized, and effective communicator
Window & Door Service Technician
Hamilton Building Supply is seeking a Window & Door Service Technician to handle all after-sales service of windows, doors and other millwork. General carpentry experience and familiarity installing windows, doors and other millwork is important. Pay is commensurate with carpentry skill level and knowledge of installation and service of window and door products.
Functions and Responsibilities
- Able to assist and perform general window and door service
- Familiarity with Andersen, Marvin and/or Sierra Pacific windows
- Working with hand and power tools effectively
- Able to lift 50 to 100 pounds without assistance
- Willing to work outdoors in variable temperatures and weather conditions
- Attention to work detail and able to maintain organized work area
- Can work quickly and efficiently on given tasks
- Can work well with the lead carpenter / service technician
- Maintain own hand tools and work belt
- Performs other tasks and related duties
- Reliable with consistent work habits
- Able to communicate well with others
- Pleasant demeanor with customers and co-workers
- Experience with general carpentry skills and techniques
- Understanding of safety practices and procedures
- Knowledge of hand-held woodworking power tools preferred
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions
- May include the ability to perform basic math
- Requires the ability to exercise judgment and decisiveness
Architectural/Outside Sales Associat
An Architectural/Outside Sales Associate at Hamilton Building Supply is responsible for business development and sales activity with all professional customers and property owners.
Sales & Business Development
- Maintain constant contact for business development with all assigned customer accounts
- Communicate new product and service offerings from Hamilton to customer base
- Serve as a resource for customer accounts and close on their purchasing decisions
- Be proficient in plan take‐offs, project walk‐through’s, measuring and product specifying
- Establish project/product budgets for customers and provide customized solutions to close the business
- Work closely with Inside Sales Associates to deliver information to customers very quickly and accurately
- Provide materials estimates and product proposals to customers and follow up with leading questions regularly
- Draw attention to project details and unique specifications that affect the pricing outcome of a proposal
- Gather market information and share with Inside Sales Associates, Sales Manager and other interested associates
- Manage every aspect of a customer’s project and share relevant project information Inside Sales Associates
- Serve as a liaison between professional and homeowner customers, as well as project architects
- Refer customers to other divisions within HBS to service all aspects of a given project
- Work with sales manager to develop unique and specific customer loyalty/pricing programs
- Ensure that all customers enjoy a positive experience at HBS from general inquiry through project completion
- College degree or equivalent experience
- Strong selling and persuasion abilities
- Affable personality and engaging attitude
- Strong presentation and meeting skills
- Computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite, 2020 and other relevant software
- Honesty, integrity and strong desire to succeed
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Ability to deal tactfully in human issues with colleagues
- Ability to create and maintain cooperative team building relationships
- Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure
- Ability to make difficult decisions in high pressure situations